Thursday, December 4, 2008

Wednesday 8th October
























































Early departure today for Banos, Julia and I slept in didn't hear alarm or the knock on door we were supposed to get at 5.15am for 5.45am departure, luckily I happened to wake at 5.30am to go to toilet and realised we had 15 minutes to get packed, out the door (as it was a public bus and not a tour bus it was not going to wait for us so we had to be on it) and on bus so I managed to wake Julia (she had earplugs in so wasn't hearing me) fortunately she took my advice and packed her bag last night and just left out what she would need for the morning which she wasn't going to do, she thanked me. Oh what a mad dash just pulled our clothes on , so no shower well don't think we smell that bad. Arrived Banos 11am it is wet, lunch is toasted ham roll, chips and coffee , 2pm we depart for our adventure activities I am suffering with a bad back so decide to only do zipliner which involves being attached by your back to a cable and flying across the top of a gorge, great fun but the ground rush at the end was a bit scary but I survive. After all completing our task we continue on for the others to do the bridge swing which I decline due to my back not wanting to jar it and make it worse so I reluctantly watch the others have terrifying fun which they all enjoy immensely Back to Banos with some free time for laundry, emails, shopping, etc. 6.30pm we have a half hour salsa lesson for $A5.oo not as easy as it looks on tv but I will learn. Tea is at 7.15pm in a beautiful traditional restaurant and I have the best trout in a garlic cream sauce and some very good Chilean red wine. Tomorrow is a free day so have organised to do a trek up volcano with Julia, Sarah and Sang where we will have lunch in restaurant at the top if we make it.

No comments: