Friday, December 19, 2008

Thursday 16th October
























































Up at 7am for 8am departure, Carla knocked on my door at 7.15 informing me that we are now leaving at 7.45 as bus must now take a different route due to bridge fiasco so I am pleased that I have already had my shower and packed my bag, we get taxis to bus depot to re-enact our departure of yesterday hoping all goes well today. We are all settled on bus waiting for Sang who we think has gone wandering to get some breakfast, hoping he will be here soon as this is a public bus and will not wait. Alas Sang doesn't appear and we have no option but to leave without him, I am quite worried as he doesn't have his luggage including his backpack as Carla collected them from our hostel when he wasn't there so we assume he has his wallet but not sure about his passport. Carla last spoke to him at 7.30am telling him we would be leaving at 7.45 and thinks he misunderstood it to be 10.45, she makes some phonecalls and the people at our hostel go looking for him to tell him we have gone without him, he apparently turned up at 9.30 very happy with himself after having a lovely breakfast and Carla spoke to him on phone telling him that she has arranged for him to catch another bus to Trujillo and she will meet him there. We arrive at Huanchaco 1.30pm all very hungry as unlike Sang once again we have not had a decent breakfast just dry breadrolls on the bus. Carla is making arrangements for us to do an organised tour of Chan Chan and the temple of the sun and the moon which will take 5 hours leaving us no time for lunch so we unanimously decline and go to lunch but all agree we think the tour would be really interesting . We find what we think is a good restaurant but it takes an hour for me to get my order a simple chicken and cheese sandwich, meanwhile everyone else have eaten their meals. I go to the kitchen to see what is taking so long and find out they had to go out to buy bread rolls (I actually ordered a sandwich but at this stage I will eat just about anything) I would have appreciated them telling me and I would have ordered something else. We decided not to leave a tip this time as service was abominable. We find a really nice bakery on way back to our hotel and buy food for breakfast on bus tomorrow. We go back to catch up on laundry which we hang on lines on roof very very windy are wondering if it will actually be there when we come back. I go for a long walk to take some photos of sunset. Today was supposed to be our free day. Sang arrives 4.30pm and we are pleased he is ok and not too stressed out. We dine at an Italian restaurant near our hotel without Carla tonight, I have a delicious meal of spaghetti carbonara. After returning to our rooms Rebecca and I decide we are not tired enough to go to sleep so go for a walk to get some photos of the cathederal, got to bed 11.30pm we both had trouble settling as were itch so got up and put some insect repellant on

No comments: